Manage episode 220567955 series 2394277
Gardening is more than just a fun pastime. In this episode, Katy Bowman and Rose Hayden-Smith talk about historical victory gardens circa World War II and what they still have to teach us.
Rose provides three tips to those who want to start gardening right now, and Katy supplements with three movement-based tips to help you on your way. Turns out the garden is the perfect place to put your movement rich lifestyle to the test. If you loved Movement Matters, you’ll love this episode—and if you love this episode and haven’t read Movement Matters yet, you’ll totally want to!
Plus, Katy answers a question on how to carry a bag, and Terral Fox of Unshoes drops by to talk about how his minimal footwear company came to be, why growth too soon almost took it down, and how Unshoes emerged from that stronger than ever.
- #varyyourcarry https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/varyyourcarry/
- Carrying a bag on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLeG86SBQnT/
- On bending well using your hips: https://www.nutritiousmovement.com/forward-bend-modified/
- Rose Hayden-Smith: www.ucfoodobserver.com
- Facebook and Twitter @ucfoodobserver
- You can find Rose’s book "Sowing the Seeds of Victory: American Gardening Programs During World War I" at your local library. If it's a keeper for you, buy a copy from McFarland (publisher) or on Amazon.
- Unshoes: http://www.unshoesusa.com
* Don't forget to go to https://www.nutritiousmovement.com/gifts/ to share the gift of movement with every person on your list.