Manage episode 291894989 series 1517494
Rachel Reynolds joins Bekah & Anna Marie to bust some strong moms myths, including toning & tightening, burning belly fat, giving you energy, and confidence.
2:57 Energy to Keep Up with Your Kids
- doesn’t give you energy, but gives you strength & confidence & calmness
- it’s a give and take because it also takes energy
6:31 Tightening & Toning Your Body
- lifting does probably does what you want “toning” to be & do
- visible muscles but not too many muscles
- can’t promise what you’re going to look like
- your body will change
- finding clothes can be more difficult, but more options exist these days
20:15 Burning Belly Fat
- lifting does use some energy and also helps skews calories toward building muscle
- you want to be a gas-guzzling body and eat all the calories, not a prius
- it does take hard work to look a certain way
- lift+nutrition=superpower & real body transformations
- just dropping body weight really won’t do what you think it will do (you probably won’t be happy with the result)
- you can eat more food
35:33 Body Transformation & Not Feeling Like Yourself
- can cut and get stronger if you start off bigger
- some people have a number they’re unwilling to get heavier than, regardless of how they look
- important to have people in your corner (spouse, friends, family)
43:33 Strength Training Builds Confidence
- choosing to struggle builds confidence
- sense of control as well
52:27 Why Train as a Busy Mom?
- try it
- how important is your long term health for you and your quality of life?
- find a coach you connect with
- you can do it!
- most people have this “I’m so glad I did that” feeling about training, getting stronger, and the overall process & change
- you won’t regret trying it
GET STARTED with one-on-one online coaching FOR FREE!
Get your FIRST MONTH FREE on all strength and nutrition coaching plans. No discount code needed and includes a 10-day, no obligation trial. https://bit.ly/2MKeOoh
Special offers from BLOC and our partners: https://barbell-logic.com/offers/
Connect with the hosts
Connect with the show