Three Changes in Church Practices (Most of Us) Did Not See Coming – Episode One: The Dramatic Changes in Church Facilities
Manage episode 335022975 series 1601405
It is cliche to say the world is changing. And it is cliche that churches are changing. But churches are indeed changing. Some of the changes were predictable, but some were not. Thom looks at three of the major changes most people did not see coming. In this first of three episodes, he looks at the surprising changes in church facilities.
- The massive decrease in church construction: 2002: $8.7 billion/month. 2012: $3.9 billion/month. 2022: $2.65 billion/month.
- The intentional reduction in worship center space.
- The massive decline in education space.
- The eager acceptance of non-traditional space.
- The renovation of dying churches that were adopted.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post Three Changes in Church Practices (Most of Us) Did Not See Coming – Episode One: The Dramatic Changes in Church Facilities appeared first on Church Answers.