Five Ways to Engage a Matriarch or Patriarch of a Church Going through Revitalization
Manage episode 341250541 series 3043265
Many churches have matriarchs or patriarchs, women or men with a great deal of influence and authority in the church. Mark and Thom suggest five key ways to engage these influencers for the good of the church.
1. Do not assume their motives are always bad for the church.
2. Get their opinions and buy-in on decisions and changes in the church.
3. Explain why you want to lead a certain change, not just what you would like to do.
4. Don’t surprise them, even if they disagree with you.
5. Get to know and engage their close allies
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post Five Ways to Engage a Matriarch or Patriarch of a Church Going through Revitalization appeared first on Church Answers.