Pricing, Differentiated Service Levels, and Other Mind Games
Manage episode 341251127 series 2811833
Does balancing your workload ever seem like an insurmountable task? Do you sometimes wonder why some clients seem like a drain and others are a delight?
You're not alone. Many business owners feel the same, especially when it comes to pricing and service. That's why we're talking about this - to bring it up and (hopefully) provide some tools to think this through.
You'll learn why it's okay to charge different prices for different services and how to create a service level that's perfect for each customer. Plus, you'll gain a better understanding of the mindset behind pricing and service. So what are you waiting for?
Listen to Discover
- Carrie doesn't like prepaid pricing.
- Why turnaround time really matters for inconsistent shows.
- Why seasons could change everything.
- What we like most about what we do.
- How to approach pricing when you're new.
Links And Resources
- Should I Charge Extra For Podcast Editing Clients Who Provide Files Late? - This is where we talked about late fees.
- 2021 Rate Guide | AIR - Here's a list of rates from AIR Media.
- Past community comments on Galas - Check out the discussion from previous episodes (including what Will REALLY thinks about social networks).
Join Us Live!
We stream live to our Facebook page and to YouTube every other week.
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on Facebook if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | YaYa Podcasting
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!