Manage episode 342286019 series 2800784
Use the measure of faith God has given you. Cry out to Him… “I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief.” Once again trust our great God to meet you in your time of difficulty and to give you the faith you need.
1. We want to believe, but sometimes faith is a struggle. When you have been through so much, when you are weary, and when it seems like options are few, it can be hard to believe.
2. When our faith is weak, it’s in those moments that I have to go back to God’s Word. This is where my faith is strengthened. I have to be reminded often of who God is, what he has already done, and what he has promised to do.
3. Maybe today it’s only a whisper, but let it out…. “Jesus, I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief.”
Today’s Scripture Verses:
Romans 10:17 - “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
Mark 9:22-27 - “But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.“ ‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the impure spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.” The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.” But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up.”
- Subscribe to The 5 Minute Discipleship Newsletter
- Donate to support this podcast
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get a copy of The 5 Minute Discipleship Journal
Connect on Social