Manage episode 329652693 series 1261370
If I were to ask you what your #1 priority in life is, how would you respond? Would the answer be clearly defined, and do your day-to-day actions align with what you say is most important to you?
It seems that far too many of us don't really think about this, as we’re focused on just getting through another day. Or, there's a massive disconnect between what we say and what we do.
And BTW, I've definitely fallen into that trap myself. I remember a time when I said family was one of my top priorities, yet my calendar said something completely different. Thankfully, I've been very intentional about realigning myself.
It's also worth noting that the order of your priorities will shift depending on your circumstances. For instance, when I was battling cancer and had a 20% chance of surviving, my #1 priority became my health. If I had put my family as #1 at that time, I probably would have died. It wasn't that family was less important, but staying alive required all of my focus.
Today, I'm going to help you identify your priorities and give you an action plan to live in alignment with them, so you can achieve new levels of success and fulfillment.
Even if you already know what your priorities are, you'll still get a ton of value from this episode. I share actionable ideas for living in alignment with what matters most, a simple way to incorporate your priorities into your Miracle Morning, and my process for creating a foundational schedule that will set you up for success.
- 10 categories you can use to prioritize your life.
- How to determine where you’re struggling (or simply settling for mediocrity), shift your focus, and bring your life into alignment with new priorities.
- Why you need to clarify your mission–and how I used this strategy to experience my best year in sales, fight cancer, and achieve single-digit body fat at various stages of my life.
- Why it’s so easy to procrastinate on our most important goals–and how to use measurable activities, rather than goals, to achieve discipline and consistency.
- How to create a schedule focused on your priorities, check in with yourself, and regularly evaluate your success.
Get The Full Show Notes
To get full access to today's show notes, including audio, transcript, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit HalElrod.com/431
Subscribe, Rate & Review
I would love if you could subscribe to the podcast and leave an honest rating & review. This will encourage other people to listen and allow us to grow as a community. The bigger we get as a community, the bigger the impact we can have on the world.
To subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on iTunes, visit HalElrod.com/iTunes.Connect with Hal Elrod