Manage episode 304850865 series 2841921
We cover what's special about Plasma's 25th-anniversary edition, chat with CloudLinux's CEO, and detail why Apple supporting Blender is good for all of us.
Plus, why we're worried Ubuntu is losing its charm for developers.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- Plasma - 25th Anniversary Edition — Plasma - 25th Anniversary Edition brings new looks, features and enhancements to the classic free desktop.
- KDE Plasma 5.23 Released In Marking 25 Years Of KDE
- New Project: Kool Desktop Environment. Programmers wanted!
- Apple joins Blender Development Fund — The Blender Foundation, the organization behind the popular open source 3D creation tool “Blender”, today announced that Apple has joined the Blender Development Fund as a Patron Member to support continued core development for Blender.
- Apple Pledges Support for 3D Graphics Tool Blender
- Why I have decided to step down from the AlmaLinux OS Foundation Board — When we created the concept of AlmaLinux back in December, shortly after Red Hat announced EOL for CentOS 8, the most important part for us was to make it community-owned, not just "community-controlled".
- AlmaLinuxFoundation chair Igor Seletskiy ste down
- Announcing AlmaLinux OS 8.5 Beta
- How to Use a Block Storage Volume with Plex Media Server — Plex is a media server that allows you to store your media on a remote server and stream it to your devices. This guide shows how to attach a Block Storage Volume to an existing Linode in order to meet the demands of a growing media library.
- Ubuntu 21.10 is Now Available to Download — This release — the 35th Ubuntu release for those keeping count — is backed by 9 months of security updates, critical fixes, and select software updates.
- Ubuntu 21.10 Official Flavors Released, Here’s What’s New
- SeaGL 2021 Schedule Published! — We’ll see you Friday November 5 & Saturday November 6 for SeaGL 2021, all virtual! As always, SeaGL is completely free to attend and no registration is required.