Manage episode 294931745 series 1517494
- aluminum bars are worth it--can use it for accessory lifts
- should I sit, stand, pace, clean up, etc.?
- timer can help
- good to not take your mind away from lifting (unless you're uniquely able to focus quickly)
- can also see (like Matt & his wife have recently) how short you can make the rests & the workout, in general
- Michael Kohr's khaki (Andrew)
- American Eagle makes good jeans for guys (not slim cut)
- get jeans and then get them tailored
- Made Well for women (Niki)
- stress test: dance party?
- have to be SHORT
- Bird Dog's
- plus, how do you FEEL after you eat food (not during, but after)
- plus, Krispy Kreme donuts
- what does a short do? show the difference between waist & butt, butt & hamstrings
- probably resisting the bar on your squats
- need to carry the weight on the back
- cue: point fingernails to the floor
- cue: carry the bar on your back
- really squeeze shoulder blades together to: relax your grip on the bar
- could be bending your elbows on the deadlift
- would not recommend it for the bench press
- puts you in "good posture"
- would recommend not lifting in one
- don't want you to be yanked into position
- it's fine to put stuff on that makes you feel better some time (e.g. massage)
- ONLY for serious athlete
- what would Matt, Andrew, & Niki pick toward the end of a dance party when they need to rally?
GET STARTED with one-on-one online coaching FOR FREE!
Get your FIRST MONTH FREE on all strength and nutrition coaching plans. No discount code needed and includes a 10-day, no obligation trial. https://bit.ly/2MKeOoh
Special offers from BLOC and our partners: https://barbell-logic.com/offers/
Connect with the hosts
Connect with the show