Manage episode 346433657 series 2869262
Welcome to Episode 99 of the Being Human Podcast: Diversity, Gender, and the Genius of Women, w/ Simone Rizkallah
This week, Dr. Greg welcomes Simone Rizkallah to the show for a powerful conversation focused around femininity, the genius of women, complementarity between the sexes, and cultural differences! Simone is currently the Director of Program Growth for Endow Groups where she helps women cultivate their feminine genius and personal vocations, and offers a unique cultural perspective as the daughter of immigrants from the Armenian Diaspora in Cairo, Egypt.
Discussed in this episode:
- The work of Endow Groups as an apostolate;
- The difficulty in defining the feminine genius due to it being something deeper and richer than stereotypical roles and responsibilities;
- Growth in the “genius” of the opposite sex as the key to getting out of “battle mode” in the battle between the sexes;
- Social communities rooted in truth as an answer to the social contagion and gender confusion affecting young women;
- The impact Simone’s Armenian Egyptian culture and background has had on her viewpoint;
- Differences between the East and the West, and how we have downgraded our humanity by de-prioritizing the feminine;
- The dark side of the prosperity and independence enjoyed in Western culture;
- How our biology reflects the genius of each gender;
- The importance of taking the human heart and human emotions seriously.
Resources mentioned or relevant:
- More about ENDOW Groups;
- Read Simone’s article: Endow: The Remedy to Gender Confusion;
- Visit Simone’s website and find her on social media: @simonerizkallah;
- Pope Benedict XVI’s Letter to Bishops on the Collaboration of Men and Women in the Church;
- Mulieris Dignitatem by Pope John Paul II
- Flight from Woman by Karl Stern
- Learn more about our new Certification;
- Learn about IDDM (Mentorship) and how it can help you;
- Schedule a free 15-minute consultation call with our staff to discuss your situation and how we can support you!
- Sign up for Being Human, our weekly newsletter, to stay up to date on exciting developments at CatholicPsych;
- Download The Integrated App for access to free audio exercises, the Catholic Mindfulness Virtual Retreat, courses, prayer resources, and more;
- Become a member of the Integrated Life Community to get access to every course Dr. Greg has created;
- Visit our website to read the CatholicPsych blog, shop in the CatholicPsych bookshop, or discover other resources we have available.
Contact us! Have a topic or a question you would like Dr. Greg to address on the podcast? Want to give some feedback about this episode? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we would love to hear from you!
Rate, review, and subscribe
Please help us in our mission to integrate the Faith with Psychology by hitting subscribe and also sharing this podcast with your friends.
Please consider rating or leaving a review of our show. It helps us reach other Catholics just like you who want to become more integrated, whole, and happy human beings.
For Apple podcasts, click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate 5 stars, and choose “write a review.” Then type your sincere thoughts about the show!
If you haven’t already, make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any episodes. Subscribe to the podcast now!