Manage episode 238712755 series 52378
BS 159 is an interview with Dr. Kevin Mitchell, author of Innate: How the Wiring of Our Brains Shapes Who We Are. We discuss the fact that our brain-based behavior is actually more innate than is commonly realized. Even identical twins are innately different despite having nearly identical genomes. This is because of events that occur during brain development. Listen now to learn more about what science is revealing about this fascinating topic. (PS: we also talk about the role of brain plasticity.)
Links and References:
- Innate: How the Wiring of Our Brains Shapes Who We Are by Kevin J. Mitchell
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additional references and episode transcripts.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
- To win an Amazon gift certificate: post a review of Brain Science in iTunes and send me a screenshot.
- Learn about how to support the show at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
- Learn about Dr. Campbell's new coaching efforts at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/coaching
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows.
Connect on Social Media:
Please Visit This month's sponsors: