Manage episode 334194501 series 1106994
An extended water cooler chat with Jerry, Sam, and Joe, discussing issues facing new ACN members, featuring tips from seasoned pros.
- Gary Hustwit, director of the Helvetica and Objectified documentaries tweeted that the correct pronunciation of Helvetica Neue is "noya"
- Command-Control-power "Have you tried restarting?" first generation shirts funded!TOPICS:
- hybrid Managed Services offerings; Joe's "Tech Checkup", Sam's "Wellness Visits"; Jerry's offering periodic monthly maintenance to check backups, check disks, run updates; discounted rate when paying for six or twelve months in advance
- Apple Professional Services; operating as an arm of Apple; how to get involved with APS? face time with Apple, building a reputation over time
- Francois Daumard, formerly heading up Mobile Technology Competency at Apple in the Apple Consultants Network, left Apple a couple of weeks ago to join Fiberlink, sellers of MaaS360, a cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution
- Apple Remote Desktop frustrations; Jerry coins a phrase for dealing with the black screen of doom: "cleaning the windshield"MEMORABLE LINES:
"There's just these big black chunks of blocks and you have to open up a new Finder window and drag it around to have it clean the windshield." – JerryMENTIONS: