Manage episode 282031840 series 2320084
Manton and Daniel kick off the new year after taking some time off. Daniel talks about giving himself permission to work on wrapping up loose ends with his own various apps while waiting for the next big inspiration. Manton talks about doing new work with Jon Hays and taking the foot off the pedal slightly with Micro.blog over the holidays. Finally, they compare notes about applying for Apple’s Small Business Program, and discuss the potential downsides of applying if you don’t really need to.
Many thanks to our sponsor this week:
- TextExpander: Communicate Smarter.
- FastScripts – Daniel’s Mac scripting utility.
- Silverpine Software – Jon Hays’s mobile development company that Manton also works for.
- Micro.blog 2.0 – Manton’s iOS client for the Micro.blog service.
- Sunlit – Open source iOS photoblogging app co-developed by Manton and Jon Hays.
- Wavelength – iOS podcasting app that works with Micro.blog.
- Basecamp – A moderately large company that doesn’t sell through the App Store.
- Epic Games – A very large company that doesn’t sell through the App Store.
- RailModeller Pro – Advanced model railroad design app for the Mac.