Manage episode 300957935 series 2917072
Welcome to episode twenty-two of the Mixtape Book Club Podcast.
In this episode, Ellen and Mal welcome author and illustrator PallasPerilous to discuss a range of Crack Destiel fics.
You can find our Mixtape Book Club Ao3 collection here, containing the stories we’ve discussed on the podcast so far.
A warning: This episode contains swearing and discussion of adult topics. Please listen at your own risk.
Our Guest – PallasPerilous
Pallas’ fics we mention in this episode:
- Boneless Wings (4333 words, M) – For those of you perving along at home, Dean could absolutely provide a list of the hundred or so ways that having a boyfriend with giant fucking actual wings is super hot and/or awesome. This is not that list.
- Fifty Ways to Lose Your Lover (1106 words, T) – Castiel’s love confession scene is proving difficult to nail down. SURELY the characters will settle down in the next draft. SURELY.
- Funny Bone (4933 words, M) – Now a podfic by NerdyNerdenstein as well! – It wasn’t even a particularly creepy skeleton; it was in kind of a “just chillin’” pose on the floor. It was the skeleton’s comment about Dean’s ass that really livened things up.
Other featured fics
- 404 Error by jscribbles (513 words, G) – Dean attempts to speak Spanish during the confession scene
- Dean Winchester is Heterosexual by yourfriendlyneighbourhoodfangirl (475 words, T) – Everyone is a good, Heterosexual American (read the tags)
- The Jensen Mistake by fellshish (5087, T) – Reverse french mistake, Jensen goes to the SPN verse to fix Destiel
- Broadway Musical by Griftings (12,453, M) – Cas takes a vessel to get Dean to fall in love with Jo. Does not go to plan.
- The (Mostly Accidental) Courtship of Dean Winchester by tuesday (11,171, M) – Angel courtship – podfic available
- Too Much Inertia by castielshoneybee (794, M) – Sam reads some hilarious Destiel fic he found to Dean
- What Has Eight Tentacles and Isn’t Allowed to Eat Pie? by Annie D (16,193, T) – Dean is turned into an octopus
- The Bee and the Tree by wannaliveindeansdimples (1104, G) – Sweet, wholesome bee Castiel, tree Dean
- Pollenation by orphan_account (335, E) – Bee Castiel, Daffodean (sweet but not at all wholesome)
- Let Us by K_K_Tibal and whelvenwings (2438, G) – Two lettuces in a fridge.
- Lettuce Share This Moment by Almaasi (4807, G) – Dean has a secret: he’s a closet salad-lover.
- lang thin frim by Dazziel (1504, E) – Dean finds a carrot in the fridge, and does unspeakable things with it.
- Secret Garden by Miss_LV (6674, E) – Vegetable gardener Cas, plant Dean. Many vegetables.
- Farmhouse Love by allen_mcfallen (1866, E) – Farmer Dean finds an angel on his prop’ty. Vegetables.
Other miscellaneous crack:
- Destibagel by MysticMoonhigh (2079, E) – Bagelocalypse
- Pinefest by MittenWraith (5503, T) – Pining, literally
- Plotbunny by MittenWraith (21,781, T) – Sam deals with Easter Bunny related trauma in his life, while Dean deals with his own stuff from his past.
- The Final Frontier series by Winter_of_our_Discontent (1828, T) – Comet Cas, lander Dean
- The Infinite Eyes Perceive by CastielsCarma (2200, M) – Castiel just doesn’t shut up about Dean over Angel Radio – podfic available by NerdyNerdenstein
- The Bird Professor by CadenceImperfect, kateaintbeehaven and tale_to_tell (5293, M) – Dean drunkenly dials Cas to ask him if hummingbirds have feet.
- Melon Fucker and the Peanut Butter Bandit by bloodandcream (1940, E) – “Meet weird”
- Dean Winchester and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by outoftheashes and Wearingdeantoprom (3918, E) – Dean’s hit with a sneezing curse and sneezes so hard he blows Cas’s clothes off.
Other fic and podfics
- Podfics by NerdyNerdenstein for Crack Month
- GISH Item #37 – fanfic of Perseverence Rover and Zhurong Mars Rovers. Collections: GISH Hunt 2021: Item 37, GISH 2021 Mars Rover Fanfic Collection
- Love Destiel? Join the community of readers and writers at the Profound Bond Discord server. We have a Mixtape Book Club channel there!
- Our RedBubble shop is here. Any profits will go directly to Random Acts. (We just wanted our logo on a mug!)
What’s your favourite crack fic? Please let us know, we’d love to hear from you!
Our intro music is “Angel with a Shotgun” by The Cab, arranged by Ellen