Manage episode 239369870 series 1486898
In this episode we talk about all things sleep and much more!
- How does sleep impact our energy, mood, and clarity?
- How much sleep do we need each night?
- How did you discover your Narcolepsy?
- How can we improve our sleep patterns?
- Should naps be allowed and supported at work?
- Let's talk about dreams and remembering dreams
- What would you tell people who just found out they have narcolepsy?
- Find your self affirming voice within all the voices in your head. This will make you happier.
More about Julie:
Julie Flygare, J.D. is an internationally recognized patient-perspective leader, an accomplished advocate, and the award-winning author of Wide Awake and Dreaming: A Memoir of Narcolepsy. Since receiving a diagnosis of narcolepsy with cataplexy in 2007, Flygare advanced her leadership in the sleep and healthcare space through speaking engagements, publications, earned media, collaborations, and advocacy and awareness initiatives. Currently, she serves as President & CEO of Project Sleep, a non-profit organization raising awareness about sleep health and sleep disorders. Prior to accepting this role, Flygare served as President of Project Sleep’s Board of Directors, while also gaining invaluable experience in marketing and philanthropy at the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network and City of Hope. Additionally, she served on the National Institutes of Health’s Sleep Disorders Research Advisory Board from 2012 – 2015. Flygare received her B.A. from Brown University in 2005 and her J.D. from Boston College Law School in 2009, focusing on health law, policy, and rare disease drug development.
Where to find Julie:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/remrunner/
- Website: http://julieflygare.com/
- Project Sleep: https://project-sleep.com/
- Find her book here: Wide Awake And Dreaming