Manage episode 346499886 series 2547
It has been a glorious summer & fall here, one of the most beautiful I can remember. But now the rains have started, and the leaves are falling. The Corvallis kirtan community continues to grow, and we’ll be starting live kirtan concerts again in December. It feels good to be returning to this magical practice.
Let’s enter the way back machine for a moment and recall, back in April, me telling you about the Auricle Collective — a community of more than 156 musicians rooted in singing, chanting & music as art and spiritual practice. These are the musicians that fuel our Bhakti Yoga practice. If you were able to participate in the Spotify Experiment, explained in the 2 previous podcasts, we are deeply grateful. Here are some of the results.
Since the launch of The Experiment, we have generated over 2,000 Spotify followers for our kirtan artists, with an average growth of 280% in followers from before the Experiment began. This means that our artists’ music will be circulated more widely through Spotify’s algorithms, and whenever any Auricle artist releases new music, many more listeners will be notified. We now have 1,00 subscribers to the Auricle newsletter and have heard from many artists from around the world who wish to join the Collective. This is a fantastic beginning, and we’re excited to see the impact expand and the ripple effect over time. We’re so thankful for your support in making this possible!
Here’s some more exciting news — sacred chant has been designated as a new category for the Grammy awards! The next few podcasts will be featuring music from our Grammy-nominated artists, so stay tuned!
The music in this week’s set is the third and last of the podcasts with all new music from Auricle Collective artists. Please enjoy, and if you think of it, please give the podcast a rating on iTunes, it will help more people to find us.
Vote. Believe in the vision, and what a beautiful world we’ll create. Much love to you all, and until next time — Namaste.
- Jai Jagdeesh, ‘Road To Somewhere’ ~ Single
- Ragani, ‘Bring Me Home’ ~ Single
- Madi Das, Mantra Americana: ‘Hey Gopinath’
- Johanna Beekman, Joss Jaffe and Shylah Ray Sunshine: ‘Words Of Love’ ~ Single
- Deva Premal & Miten, Timeless: ‘Tara Mangalartha Mantra’ – Prayer (Climate Balance) – feat. India Arie
- Sirgun Kaur, ‘Ma’ ~ Single
- Kaita, In The Lap Of The Infinite: ‘Medicine Buddha’
- Corinna Swara, ‘The Jewel In The Lotus’ (Kenny Dread remix)
- David Vito Gregoli & Ricky Kej, Wild Monsoon: Sharad (Autumn)
- Julia Berkely, Aham Prema: ‘Aham Prema’
- Nadav, ‘The Four Angels’ ~ Single