Policing in Rural Texas: San Jacinto County Sheriff Addresses the Open Border’s Strain on Enforcement
Manage episode 376439196 series 3302567
In this week’s episode of Parsing Immigration Policy, San Jacinto County Sheriff Greg Capers joins guest host Todd Bensman to discuss how lax federal border security is straining the ability to police his jurisdiction. Sheriff Capers explains how, with a small county budget and reactive policing, there is a need for increased cooperation and funding from both the state and federal authorities.HostTodd Benman is a Senior National Security Fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies.
Greg Capers is Sheriff of San Jacinto County, Texas.
Texas Massacre Happened in America’s Largest Illegal Immigrant “Colonia” — and Major U.S. Media Won’t Say So
America’s Public Schools: Canaries in the Coal Mine of the Biden Border Crisis
Follow Parsing Immigration Policy on Ricochet, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts.
Voices in the opening montage:
- Sen. Barack Obama at a 2005 press conference.
- Sen. John McCain in a 2010 election ad.
- President Lyndon Johnson, upon signing the 1965 Immigration Act.
- Booker T. Washington, reading in 1908 from his 1895 Atlanta Exposition speech.
- Laraine Newman as a "Conehead" on SNL in 1977.
- Hillary Clinton in a 2003 radio interview.
- Cesar Chavez in a 1974 interview.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi speaking to reporters in 2019.
- Prof. George Borjas in a 2016 C-SPAN appearance.
- Sen. Jeff Sessions in 2008 comments on the Senate floor.
- Charlton Heston in "Planet of the Apes".