Manage episode 377621965 series 3302567
Todd Bensman, the Center’s Senior National Security Fellow, gave testimony first. In it, he explains how the current immigration crisis at the southwest border has elevated and exacerbated the homeland security threat of terrorist border infiltration to discomfiting levels.
Two other witnesses used their first hand experience in law enforcement in their testimony: Charles Marino, Former Senior Law Enforcement Advisor, U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Rodney Scott, Distinguished Senior Fellow for Border Security, Texas Public Policy Foundation.
Mark Krikorian, the Center’s executive director and host of Parsing Immigration Policy, moderates this rebroadcast of the Center's panel.
In his closing commentary, Krikorian discusses a new report by Todd Bensman entitled, “New Records: Biden DHS Has Approved Hundreds of Thousands of Migrants for Secretive Foreign Flights Directly into U.S. Airports.” This report uses DHS data, gained through the Freedom of Information Act, on the controversial new rechanneling program, which uses the CBP One app to allow migrants to take commercial passenger flights from foreign countries straight to their American cities of choice.
Mark Krikorian is the Executive Director of the Center for Immigration Studies.
Todd Bensman is a Senior National Security Fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies.
Hearing Video and Written Testimony
New Records: Biden DHS Has Approved Hundreds of Thousands of Migrants for Secretive Foreign Flights Directly into U.S. Airports
Follow Parsing Immigration Policy on Ricochet, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts.
Voices in the opening montage:
- Sen. Barack Obama at a 2005 press conference.
- Sen. John McCain in a 2010 election ad.
- President Lyndon Johnson, upon signing the 1965 Immigration Act.
- Booker T. Washington, reading in 1908 from his 1895 Atlanta Exposition speech.
- Laraine Newman as a "Conehead" on SNL in 1977.
- Hillary Clinton in a 2003 radio interview.
- Cesar Chavez in a 1974 interview.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi speaking to reporters in 2019.
- Prof. George Borjas in a 2016 C-SPAN appearance.
- Sen. Jeff Sessions in 2008 comments on the Senate floor.
- Charlton Heston in "Planet of the Apes".