Manage episode 343875789 series 3043265
Aging does have its advantages, such as wisdom and experience. Mark and Thom, taking the roles of older pastors, share five pieces of advice with their younger selves.
1. Consider the five-year perspective.
2. Make evangelism your personal priority.
3. Learn how to create healthy accountability.
4. Make your spouse and children your first-line church members.
5. The greatest gift you can give to your older self is integrity.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post Five Things Older Pastors Would Tell Their Younger Selves appeared first on Church Answers.