How to Respond to the Criticism that Begins with “People Are Saying”
Manage episode 337416182 series 1601405
One of the toughest parts of a pastor’s ministry is dealing with criticism. It is especially difficult when the critic hides behind the cowardly veil of “People are saying.” Kevin and Thom not only address the likely motive of the critic, but they also suggest ways to respond to the person.
- Understand that the person saying those words is a coward.
- The source of the criticism is usually the person saying, “People are saying.”
- Ask the person to name the people.
- Ask the person to have the people come to meet with you.
- Most of the time, you need to ignore the criticism if this is the only source
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post How to Respond to the Criticism that Begins with “People Are Saying” appeared first on Church Answers.