What to Do When You Know You Are Leaving Your Church
Manage episode 334350255 series 1601405
In this episode, Thom and Kevin explore the issue every pastor and staff member will face at some point: leaving your church. This episode focuses largely on the steps and processes you need to take.
- Your type of departure determines how you should depart: retirement; resignation to go to another church; resignation but not going to another church, etc.
- Major principle: Don’t burn bridges.
- Determine the order you will tell people, but remember you won’t have much time before everyone knows.
- Make certain you adhere to all the terms of departure such as the required notice.
- Be as transparent as possible, but remember the bridge-burning principle.
- Provide the congregation hope.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post What to Do When You Know You Are Leaving Your Church appeared first on Church Answers.