Manage episode 306208916 series 2135834
We check-in with Fedora Project lead Matthew Miller on the state of the project, then conduct our exit interview with Fedora 34, and review Fedora 35.
What's new, what's changed, and what's broken. It's a Fedora special.
Special Guests: Matthew Miller and Neal Gompa.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Core Contributor Membership: Use promo code summer - Support the show, and take $1 off the lifetime of your membership! Promo Code: Summer
- A Cloud Guru: By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.
- Writing a Linux-compatible kernel in Rust — I've been working on a new operating system kernel Kerla, written from scratch in Rust which aims to be Linux-compatible at the ABI level. In other words, support running unmodified Linux binaries!
- Roving With Perseverance - NASA Mars — Displays including full-scale models of Perseverance and the Ingenuity Mars helicopter will be on exhibit in museums across the country
- The Museum of Flight – NASA’s Mars Exploration Program — NASA’s Perseverance rover and Ingenuity helicopter models will be on display, October 30, 2021 - April 3, 2022
- Remote desktop and screen casting in Wayland - GNOME Wiki! — Remote desktop functionality is not implemented in mutter but in GNOME Remote Desktop. GNOME Remote Desktop currently supports "screen share", also known as "remote assistance" mode through VNC or RDP. VNC support is provided via LibVNCServer and RDP support is provided via FreeRDP.
- GNOME remote desktop RDP setup guide — The RDP server in gnome-remote-desktop currently doesn't have the UI to setup yet. To be able to use the RDP server, the server certificate, private keyfile and credentials therefore need to be created manually.
- Zoom Supports Continued Access for Basic Users with Advertising Program
- Worth the wait: Fedora Linux 35 is here! — We switched the default audio system to PipeWire in Fedora Linux 34, and now we’re improving this by adding the new WirePlumber session manager. WirePlumber allows for more customization of the policy and rules for audio and video. It provides a richer development experience and adds bindings for most languages.
- WirePlumber 0.4.4 documentation — WirePlumber is a modular session / policy manager for PipeWire and a GObject-based high-level library that wraps PipeWire’s API, providing convenience for writing the daemon’s modules as well as external tools for managing PipeWire.
- Tom Wagner / Helvum — Helvum is a GTK-based patchbay for pipewire, inspired by the JACK tool catia.
- Common F35 bugs - Fedora Project Wiki
- DNF System Upgrade :: Fedora Docs
- Fedora Spins Prereleases
- Fedora Docs
- Changes/Restart User Service after Upgrade - Fedora Project Wiki
- Fedora Flathub Filter List
- Plasma Discover rpm-ostree_backend
- Ryujinx - Nintendo Switch Emulator — Ryujinx is an open-source Nintendo Switch emulator created by gdkchan and written in C#.
- Ryujinx on GitHub
- Ryujinx Setup & Configuration Guide