Manage episode 303441525 series 2135928
Mike's falling in love with FastAPI and gives us a hint at the next project he's building.
Plus, our thoughts on employee machine monitoring and building a transition plan when you are ready to quit your job.
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — The newest addition to the @TheMadBotterINC team, he’s a QA Engineer with keen eyes and sharp claws to testing.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook addresses workplace issues, pay equity, more in all-hands meeting — Cook, along with SVP of Retail and People Deirdre O'Brien, addressed a range of subjects from pay equity to Texas' new abortion law in a meeting broadcast to employees around the world, reports The New York Times.
Activist employees told the publication that Cook answered only two of a number of questions they wanted to ask. The report fails to detail what those two questions were, but notes the Apple chief did comment on pay equity, at least in part.
- FastAPI — FastAPI is a modern, fast (high-performance), web framework for building APIs with Python 3.6+ based on standard Python type hints.
- Starlette — Starlette is a lightweight ASGI framework/toolkit, which is ideal for building high performance asyncio services.
- pydantic — Data validation and settings management using python type annotations.
- Typer — Typer is a library for building CLI applications that users will love using and developers will love creating. Based on Python 3.6+ type hints.
- SQLModel — SQL databases in Python, designed for simplicity, compatibility, and robustness.
- Street Coder — Software development isn't an "ivory tower" exercise. Street coders get the job done by prioritizing tasks, making quick decisions, and knowing which rules to break.
- Coder to Developer — Coder to Developer helps you excel at the many non-coding tasks entailed, from start to finish, in just about any successful development project.
- Will Monitoring the Workplace Improve Productivity? — According to technical talent recruiting company Apollo Technical, here are a couple of key research findings about remote workers and productivity.