Manage episode 378506330 series 2135928
Why the Raspberry Pi 5 doesn't meet our expectations, and the x86 boxes you should consider instead.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Kolide: Kolide is a device trust solution for companies with Okta, and they ensure that if a device isn’t trusted and secure, it can’t log into your cloud apps.
- 🎉 Alby — Boost into the show, first grab Alby, top it off, and then head over to the Podcast Index.
- ⚡️ LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org — You can boost from the web. Once Alby is topped off, visit our page on the Podcast Index.
- ESP32 board equipped with Ethernet and MicroSD card slot
- Introducing: Raspberry Pi 5! — Today, we’re delighted to announce the launch of Raspberry Pi 5, coming at the end of October. Priced at $60 for the 4GB variant, and $80 for its 8GB sibling.
- Raspberry Pi 5 Benchmarks — Significantly Better Performance, Improved I/O.
- Raspberry Pi 5 Graphics Continue With Open-Source Driver & Crazy Fast Compared To RPi 4
- Raspberry Pi 5 Review: A New Standard for Makers — The Raspberry Pi 5 is significantly faster than its predecessor while costing almost the same price. Its only drawback, which is likely temporary, is that some older HATs and add-ons may not have have software support right away.
- Raspberry Pi Approved Reseller – Raspberry Pi
- CPU decoding acording to Eben Upton in an interview
- Intel is killing off its NUC mini PCs
- HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini PC
- HP ProDesk 600 G1 DM - Geekbench
- HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini PC for sale | eBay
- Beelink U59 Mini PC 11th Gen 4-Cores N5105
- Beelink SER5 MAX with 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 32GB DDR4, 500GB NVMe
- Beelink Gaming Mini PC SER7 AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS pre-in W11 Pro,32GB DDR5,1TB SSD
- Beelink SER7 7840HS Mini-PC Review | TechPowerUp
- ODROID-H3 / H3+ — ameriDroid
- LinuxFest Northwest | Meetup
- Adopting Bitcoin OSS Track
- RealDudePerson/beakon — Beakon is designed to be a self-host location sharing webserver. Beakon aims to leak as little data as possible and uses mostly self-contained libraries and local database files.
- Meet the DEC VT Family
- RetroDECK — RetroDECK is a polished and beginner-friendly environment for playing your retro games on Steam Deck, available with just one click from the Discover app.
- Pick: Waycheck — Waycheck is a simple graphical application that connects to your Wayland compositor and displays the list of Wayland protocols that it supports, along with the list of protocols that it doesn't.
- Pick: Wayland or X11 GNOME Shell Extension
- How To Identify XWayland Applications on Wayland | DeviceTests