Manage episode 346872813 series 2769558
Abhishek Nag is a Partner at Lightspeed India where he primarily focuses on investing in consumer internet companies, media & entertainment, the creator economy, and gaming. He brings extensive experience driving strategic partnerships, business development, and corporate development for internet companies in the domains of growth, content and payments, among other areas. Previously he held operator roles at hyper-growth companies including Meta (Facebook), Hike, Uber, and most recently, Netflix.
He’s been an active angel investor since 2016, investing in over 45 startups with several first round investments turned unicorns.
When he’s not busy working with startups, Abhishek publishes a newsletter in which he writes about building, scaling, and investing in technology businesses in India.
1. State of Indian venture capital in the context of today’s macroeconomic climate (3:52)
2. Fundings, valuations and funding winter: When will the market correct itself? (13:50)
3. What can Indian investors learn from the past and how can we become better investors in the future? (20:40)
4. What made Abhishek switch to VC? (25:55)
5. What has Abhishek learned from his angel investing experience that he now applies as a VC? (34:11)
6. Advice for angel investors (39:05)
7. A playbook for determining GTM and new market expansion (43:03)
8. Advantages of having feet on street (52:26)
9. Building products for different markets (56:15)
. . .
Lightspeed on Twitter: https://twitter.com/lightspeedvp
Abhishek Nag on Twitter: https://twitter.com/abhisheknag
Podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thedesi_vc
Akash Bhat on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bhatvakash
Podcast on Instagram: https://instagram.com/thedesivc
Akash Bhat on Instagram: https://instagram.com/bhatvakash