Amit Purohit CEO & founder of Fantasy Akhada, on building one of the fastest growing Fantasy Sports Platform in India.
Manage episode 332589909 series 1402154
Sports tech and driving sports engagement. Today my guest is Amit Purohit CEO & founder of Fantasy Akhada, a fantasy sports platform that provides you with an opportunity to play Fantasy Cricket, Fantasy Football and Fantasy Kabaddi by using your sports knowledge and skill.
So today he talks about building a hyper growth sports tech startup, going from the 181st fantasy app to being in the top 5 , amazing stuff. He talks about the USP - focusing on customer delight. Talks about marketing and why they focus on quality not volume.
A great story about getting legendary cricket commentator Harsha Bhogle into becoming a brand ambassador and investor with a cold email. Gives advice for first time founders and his primary role as a founder. Nearly giving up , raising finance and finally some fantasy sports do’s and don'ts for first time players.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Why didn't they go for a subpar cricketer to promote the brand.?
- Dealing with customer service calls on New Year Eve
- Being an ex-Star Sports employee.
- Getting support from friends and family
- Being a very competitive market because of the Low barrier to entry
- Key learnings and customer feedback in the early days.
- What is the business model?
- Having all the skill sets to get this off the ground.
- Raising finance.
- Talks about the team.
- How fast are they growing?
- Stats and engagement so far.
if you need something to do during these challenging and difficult times and want some inspiration and need some creativity. check out Skillshare. Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes in design, business, tech, and more.
Anyone can join the millions of members in our community to learn cutting-edge skills, network with peers and discover new opportunities.
Try Premium free for 1 month.
music by Punch Deck. https://open.spotify.com/artist/7kdduxAVaFnbHJyNxl7FWV