Manage episode 340631960 series 2032122
It didn't bring back any particularly traumatic memories when your older brother confessed that he molested you when you were children. Would it be worth the possibility of dredging up a painful past through therapy to heal wounds you aren't even aware you've been carrying, or should you just shut this confession out of your thoughts and hope the memories remain unattainable? We'll try to find an answer to this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/723
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Is it worth dredging up repressed memories of childhood abuse in therapy, or should such trauma stay buried and forgotten?
- Is it unreasonable that the respect you've had for your friend of 20 years dwindles the further down the woo-woo rabbit hole she falls?
- You inappropriately used humor in an attempt to defuse a traumatic event from your coworker's past. Now this person will barely speak to you, and you've even gotten the cold shoulder from some of your shared peers. You feel guilty; how can you make this right?
- You married the mother of your children for the sake of convenience and health insurance, but you've never been a good fit for each other — and the situation's not improved over time. A divorce would be ideal for you, but would it be right for the kids?
- One of your wife’s friends from high school just died. You want to be supportive of her in her time of grief, but you're not sure how to authentically mourn someone you don't even know.
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Miss the conversation we had with Hollywood leading man and musician Dennis Quaid? Catch up with