Manage episode 339721206 series 2030630
Reid Hoffman (@reidhoffman) is a co-founder of LinkedIn, investor at Greylock Partners, host of the podcast Masters of Scale, and co-author of the fully revised and updated bestseller The Start-Up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career.
What We Discuss with Reid Hoffman:
- Why you should think of your career as a startup — from the perspective of an entrepreneur rather than an employee.
- What it means to evoke a permanent beta mindset in which you treat every day like day one and commit your life to personal growth.
- Why it’s important to continually generate professional opportunities even if you're happy where you are.
- Why you should ignore hacky influencers who tell you to "begin with the end in mind" when it comes to your career (and what you're better off doing instead).
- The soft and hard assets you should be tracking to make yourself, as friend of the show Cal Newport has famously said, "so good they can't ignore you."
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/719
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
If you missed our earlier two-part interview with Reid Hoffman, don’t panic! You can catch up by starting at episode 207: Reid Hoffman | Mastering Your Scale for the Unexpected Part One!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!