Manage episode 376407533 series 2503363
#1 New York Times bestselling author, James Rollins, spoke to me about his alter ego, veterinarian Dr. Jim, how to write two staccato-paced novels a year, and his latest Sigma Force installment, TIDES OF FIRE.
James Rollins is the #1 New York Times Bestselling Author of the Sigma Force series, six standalone adventure thrillers, a novelization of the Indiana Jones franchise, and many others totaling over 44 novels (even he can’t remember the exact number).
His latest in his most popular series is Tides of Fire: A Sigma Force Novel, [set on] “...an international research station in the Coral Sea [that] comes under siege during a geological disaster that triggers massive quakes, deadly tsunamis, and volcanic eruptions. To stop the world from burning, it’s up to Sigma Force to uncover a secret buried at the heart of our planet…”
Publishers Weekly said of the book, "The X-Files meets Seal Team Six in Rollins’s imaginative, pulse-pounding 17th Sigma Force thriller . . . . Rollins’s gleeful everything-but-the-kitchen-sink approach works well here, nimbly balancing popcorn action with mind-blowing scientific speculation. The author has rarely been better at making the implausible feel plausible."
James Rollins’s novels have sold over 20 million copies and are published in more than 40 languages worldwide.
[If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click FOLLOW to automatically see new interviews. And drop us a rating or a review wherever you listen]
In this file James Rollins and I discussed:
- How 49 rejections early in his career didn’t sway his passion for writing
- Keeping all of the plots and characters organized in his many series
- The panic that comes with every undertaking
- Why he adds illustrations and appendices to his books
- The unique research process that goes into his prescient novels
- And a lot more!
- Tides of Fire: A Sigma Force Novel by James Rollins (Amazon)
- James Rollins Amazon Author Page
- James Rollins on Instagram
- James Rollins on Twitter
- Kelton Reid on Twitter
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices