Manage episode 293097665 series 1091379
AN INTERVIEW WITH HANNAH HOLT
In this rebroadcast, we talk with Hannah Holt, a children’s author with an engineering degree. Her books, The Diamond & The Boy (Balzer+Bray) and A Father’s Love (Philomel) weave together her love of language and science. When not reading or writing, you can find Hannah running marathons and hiking mountains.
We talk about
- Biggest misconception writers have about getting an agent and/or a book deal
- Advice for prepublished writers
- Hannah’s surveys: what she learned, how she used the input.
- How she created and researched a picture book about her grandfather
- Questions about “bare bones” publishing, indie, and traditional publishing.