Manage episode 377424407 series 1541508
“And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.” Jeremiah 3:15
Brian Kluth is a best-selling author of several books on generosity. He was a pastor himself for 10 years and is now the national spokesman for the annual Bless Your Pastor initiative, which is organized by the National Association of Evangelicals.
Tell us about the three-step program for blessing pastors and church staff.
The three steps are:
1. Download free materials for your church and share them with church leaders, including a flier titled "50 Ways to Bless Your Pastor and Church Staff.
2. Take up an appreciation offering.
3. Publicly honor the pastor and staff.
Completing these steps allows pastors to receive a marriage retreat scholarship to a Weekend to Remember and access other free and discounted retreat and vacation opportunities. Over 3,000 churches have already participated in this program.
What are some examples from the "50 Ways to Bless Your Pastor" resource?
- The resource provides ideas on how to pray for your pastor, affirm your pastor, encourage them, and offer practical assistance.
- Examples include offering dental care, car repairs, lawn care, and other practical acts of service.
- The goal is to show deep appreciation for those who minister in the church, as encouraged by 1 Thessalonians 5:12.
How does collecting an appreciation offering work (Step 2)?
- Leaders inform the congregation that they will collect an appreciation offering for the pastor and church staff.
- This offering is a gift to help pastors and staff, many of whom may have limited financial resources.
- It can make a significant difference in their lives, especially during times like Christmas.
Give an example of what celebrating (Step 3) looks like.
- Celebrating can involve various forms of recognition or appreciation, such as public prayers, appreciation meals, or handwritten notes.
- The key is to honor pastors and church staff publicly to show appreciation for their service.
All materials and information can be found at blessyourpastor.org, available in both English and Spanish.
On today’s program, Rob also answers listener questions:
- Should you convert some traditional retirement accounts to a Roth IRA based on my financial situation?
- What's the best way to start a Roth IRA with a monthly contribution of $400-$500?
- Should I take a lump sum or an annuity from my pension as I approach retirement?
- I have $30,000 in a checking account, and I'm looking for ways to make it earn more interest without taking risks. What should I do with it?
Remember, you can call in to ask your questions most days at (800) 525-7000. Faith & Finance is also available on the Moody Radio Network as well as American Family Radio. Visit our website at FaithFi.comwhere you can join the FaithFi Community, and give as we expand our outreach.