Manage episode 307653861 series 2462973
Welcome to episode #802 of Six Pixels of Separation.
Here it is: Six Pixels of Separation - Episode #802 - Host: Mitch Joel. Are you sick about all the Covid talk? Don't let that stop you from listening to what Adam Tooze has to say about it. Adam is the author of the recently published book, Shutdown - How Covid Shook The World's Economy. Adam's perspective is a little different than most. Adam holds the Shelby Cullom Davis chair of History at Columbia University and serves as Director of the European Institute. In 2019, Foreign Policy Magazine named him one of the top Global Thinkers of the decade. Prior to Shutdown, Adam published, Crashed - How a Decade of Financial Crises Changed The World in 2018. His perspective on recent history and the economy is second to none. Adam was born in London. He grew up between England and Heidelberg Germany. Having received his BA in Economics from King’s College Cambridge in the summer of 1989, he had the good fortune to witness the end of the Cold War in Berlin, where he began his postgraduate studies. He went on to take his PhD from the London School of Economics. From 1996 to 2009 Adam taught at the University of Cambridge, where he was Reader in Modern History and Gurnee Hart fellow in History at Jesus College. After Cambridge, Adam was appointed to the Barton M. Biggs Professorship at Yale University, where he succeeded Paul Kennedy as the Director of International Security Studies. Adam joined Columbia’s history department in the summer of 2015. Along with Crashed and Shutdown, he has written a slew of other books that have been translated into eleven languages. Enjoy the conversation...
- Running time: 56:51.
- Hello from beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at Apple Podcasts.
- Please visit and leave comments on the blog - Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- ...or on Twitter.
- Here is my conversation with Adam Tooze.
- Shutdown - How Covid Shook The World's Economy.
- Crashed - How a Decade of Financial Crises Changed The World.
- Chartbook - Substack.
- Follow Adam on Facebook.
- Follow Adam on Twitter.
- This week's music: David Usher 'St. Lawrence River'.