Manage episode 342031567 series 2800784
In the book of Galatians, Paul is correcting some erroneous teaching and practices among the believers there. These Christians had been deceived and had come to believe they had to keep and obey the Law of Moses in order to be saved and in right relationship with Christ.
1. Christ was the fulfillment of the law when he died for us on the cross. Our salvation is not based on law-keeping, it’s based on faith in the Son of God who died for us.
2. It’s here that we recognized that we are not saved by doing good things. We do good things because we are saved. We live in obedience because God calls us to obedience. We serve and do good works because God asks us to do so. We are motivated by the great love of God and the sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf.
3. Hear the call of our savior to lay down your flesh, your carnal desires, and your worldly passions. Let them be crucified with Christ. Embrace the life that comes through faith in the resurrected Savior.
Today’s Scripture Verses:
Galatians 2:20 - “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
2 Corinthians 5:15 - “And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.”
Galatians 5:24 - “Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.”
- Subscribe to The 5 Minute Discipleship Newsletter
- Donate to support this podcast
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get a copy of The 5 Minute Discipleship Journal
Connect on Social