Manage episode 335166895 series 3336392
In 2016, Jenna Weiss-Berman quit her job and decided to launch her own podcast company a month before her first child was born. It was an almost immediate success, and Pineapple Street Studios never took an outside investment. Jenna explains what prompted her risky career leap, and how she taught herself to run a business—on her own terms.
More from the episode…
- Jenna explains how she got her start in the podcasting industry (and how you can too).
- When does work become overwork, and is it always a bad thing?
- The pros and cons of refusing to accept outside investments.
- Jenna reveals the “startupy” mistake Pineapple Street made in the beginning.
- Can running a business be creatively satisfying?
- What makes a successful podcast, and how do you stand out among millions?
About Jenna Weiss-Berman
Jenna is the co-founder of Pineapple Street Studios. After almost a decade working in public radio on such shows as The Moth and StoryCorps, Jenna started the podcast department at BuzzFeed and created Another Round and Women of the Hour with Lena Dunham. She currently sits on the advisory board of The Moth.