Manage episode 371769359 series 2769558
Sankar Bora is the Co-founder & COO, Dealshare, a social ecommerce startup in India, that has raised close to $400M in venture money from marquee investors such as Alpha Wave Global, Tiger Global, Matrix India, Alteria Capital and WestBridge Capital. Prior to this, he co-founded Myntra in 2007, which was sold to Flipkart in 2010.
. . .
- Why entrepreneurship? (2:30)
- What gave Sankar the conviction to embark on the path of entrepreneurship (5:50)
- Early days of Mantra (10:32)
- A few mistakes made at Myntra (14:25)
- How to pick co-founders? (20:34)
- Learnings from building Myntra (22:50)
- Validating the thesis around Dealshare (27:50)
- What did Sankar get right about building Dealshare and early signs of success (33:45)
- Understanding the diversity of Indian customers
- Nurturing consistency at Dealshare (43:25)
- What has entrepreneurship taught Sankar (46:20)
. . .
Dealshare on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dealshareindia
Sankar on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/SankarBora6
Podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thedesi_vc
Akash Bhat on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bhatvakash
Podcast on Instagram: https://instagram.com/thedesivc
Akash Bhat on Instagram: https://instagram.com/bhatvakash