Ep. 175 - Precedential Decisions from 8/28/2023 - 9/3/2023 (credibility - border interviews & inconsistencies; jurisdiction & motions to reopen; naturalization & good moral character; polygamy; house church Christian in China; CIMT; menacing in Oregon)
Manage episode 376093291 series 2857723
Pomavilla-Zaruma v. Garland, No. 20-3230 (2d Cir. Aug. 30, 2023)
- credibility; border interview; credible fear interview transcript; Ramsameachire factors
Trejo-Gamez v. Garland, No. 21-3329 (8th Cir. Aug. 30, 2023)
- jurisdiction; motion to reopen to present new evidence; ineffective assistance of counsel; Patel; abuse of discretion
Uulu v. Garland, No. 22-1973 (7th Cir. Sept. 1, 2023)
- adverse credibility; inconsistencies; corroborating inconsistent testimony; recollection and trauma; Kyrgyzstan
Al-Hasani v. DHS, No. 22-1603 (3d Cir. Aug. 30, 2023)
- naturalization; good moral character; INA § 101(f); definition of polygamy; bigamy; INA § 212(a)(10)(A); Chevron deference; Matter of G-; definition of practice
Lin v. Garland, No. 22-3807 (6th Cir. Sept. 1, 2023)
- objective fear of persecution; underground house church Christian; opposition to family planning; longtime police interest in arrest; past harm and future individualized risk; reasonableness of relocation; 8 C.F.R. § 210.13(b)(3);China
Flores-Vasquez v. Garland, No. 20-73447 (9th Cir. Aug. 31, 2023)
- CIMT; Or. Rev. Stat. § 163.190; Matter of J-G-P-; assault; menacing; intent to fear
Sponsors and friends of the podcast!
Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli and Pratt P.A.
Immigration, serious injury, and business lawyers serving clients in Florida, California, and all over the world for over 40 years.
"Modern immigration software & case management"
Joorney Business Plans
"Business-critical documents for every stage of your journey"
For 30% off use code: REVJOORNEY30
Want to become a patron?
Immigration Review® is a podcast made available for educational purposes only. It does not provide legal advice. Rather, it offers general information and insights from publicly available immigration cases. By accessing and listening to the podcast, you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the host. The podcast should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state.
"Loopster," "Bass Vibes," "Chill Wave," and "Funk Game Loop" Kevin MacLeod - Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0
Support the show