Manage episode 326772924 series 3312077
In this episode, Sam and Molly are talking to Michael Wong AKA Mizko, about how the strength of your portfolio can set you up for success within your design career. Mizko is a founder, educator and product/UX/UI Designer at heart. He has spent the last 15 years strategising and designing for high-growth companies that have raised a total of $500M. His passion lies at the intersection of business, design and technology and today runs an online educational platform, Designership with over 3,500 alumni.
We dive into the following themes:
- Learn Mizko's unconventional path into UX design and how his strong marketing skills shaped his success in his design career.
- Understand the value in learning the business side of design and the importance we add as designers within an organisation.
- The power in experimenting with objectives, constantly iterating and pushing yourself to be a better designer by looking at the glass half full.
- Hear Mizkos perspective on the power of portfolios and what elements of your portfolio you should focus your attention on.
- Practical tips and truths on interviewing, freelancing and when to make the jump to do your own thing.
If you want to learn more about IxDA Sydney's events and mentorship programs, please visit: