Manage episode 302332530 series 1106535
In this episode, Lindsay Felstow from River Valley Church gives a behind-the-scenes look at what kid's ministry a large multi-site church has changed and developed since the pandemic. Lindsay also shares more about the dynamics of their volunteer teams, curriculum, weekend services, and beyond.
Clearstream works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. Find out more at Clearstream.io.
What does your ministry look like?
- Blend of Large Group and Small Group, and there is also a “LIVE” program/experience that youth help lead
- Writing their own curriculum for elementary (collaborated between Kid's Pastor writing team)
- Using Life Church curriculum for preschool
- Developed a mix between teaching, fun elements, worship, etc., to post through Youtube
Post-pandemic, what did ministry look like?
- **Started back in-person with Family style services, which included a 5-minute object lesson during the main services
- 6-8 weeks later, started back in kid's environments (with about 1/4 of their volunteer force)
- Currently, about half the size as pre-pandemic
- They are one of the churches that was opened earlier than others, so many new families coming from other churches
- Developing new strategies
- worship, games, segments, etc.
- Still thinking creatively to grasp the attention of kids online
- Online content is being used for midweek services for kids
- Collaborate with others for curriculum writing and editing
- Check out Go Kids on Youtube
- Evaluate online strategy
Ministry Boost Membership + New Courses
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: Clearstream
This episode is sponsored by Clearstream. Clearstream.io works with thousands of churches worldwide and integrates with tools your church already uses such as MailChimp, Church Community Builder, Rock RMS, Planning Center, and more. You can get started on a free-trial, and if you're with a new church plant under 1 year old can use Clearstream free for 12 months.