Manage episode 353870243 series 2769558
Upasana Taku is the Co-founder, COO and Chairperson of MobiKwik, a financial services company that provides a fintech platform designed for online payments (incl. BNPL), life insurance, and loans. The company has raised $178M from marquee investors such as Sequoia, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Blacksoil, AmEx Ventures, Orios Venture Partners, Cisco Investments among many others. Upasana built the company from scratch and now has 32 million users and 100,000 merchants, doing close to 500,000-1,000,000 transactions every day.
1. What inspired Upasana to found Mobikwik (4:23)
2. How does one validate an idea or a business in its early stages? (10:30)
3. The evolution of the CEO's role (23:08)
4. The vision for MobiKwik (30:53)
5. Thoughts on monetizing UPI (41:55)
6. Differentiating consumer and fintech products, companies, and offerings (45:50)
7. What advice would Upasana give herself if she had to start over? (51:10)
. . .
MobiKwik on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MobiKwik
Upasana Taku on Twitter: https://twitter.com/UpasanaTaku
Podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thedesi_vc
Akash Bhat on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bhatvakash
Podcast on Instagram: https://instagram.com/thedesivc
Akash Bhat on Instagram: https://instagram.com/bhatvakash