Manage episode 352604707 series 2769558
Yash Jain is the Founder and General Partner at Sparrow Capital, an early-stage micro VC fund that invests upto $500K in SaaS, B2B, Fintech, and Consumer Internet sectors in India with investments in companies such as Mailmodo, Qoohoo, Bimaplan, GoKwik, Superfone among others. Prior to Sparrow, Yash had two stints with large VC funds in India – Kalaari Capital and Arkam Ventures, and also worked at Flipkart as an analyst.
1. Why venture as a career path? (2:20)
2. The difficulties of launching a new fund as a millennial (10:48)
3. Nuances and learnings from investing in India (16:07)
4. What founders in India can do better (36:00)
5. What can Indian VC improve on doing better (44:45)
6. Lessons learned from Yash's time in the US and the future plan for Sparrow (54:32)
7. Advice for young fund managers (1:02:46)
. . .
Sparrow Capital on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sparrowcapvc
Yash Jain on Twitter: https://twitter.com/yash_sparrow
Podcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thedesi_vc
Akash Bhat on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bhatvakash
Podcast on Instagram: https://instagram.com/thedesivc
Akash Bhat on Instagram: https://instagram.com/bhatvakash